Cheers to the Weekend!
The weekend is here and that's enough reason to celebrate! No matter what your plans are, don't forget to take some time to enjoy yourself with some friends and family. Start the good times off by trying something new and tasty to wind down or get the party started. Treat yourself to one of these pretty and delicious cocktails to ring in the weekend the right way. You'll thank us later!
Tropical Strawberry Hibiscus Rum Smash
2 tablespoons dried hibiscus flowers | 1 teaspoon honey | 8 fresh mint leaves | 1/2 a lime, quartered | 1/4 cup mango, pineapple, or passion fruit juice | 1/4 cup coconut water | 2 ounces rum | sparkling water, for topping |
2 strawberries, sliced
1. Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a medium size pot. Remove from the heat, add the hibiscus flowers and 1-2 teaspoons honey. Cover and let steep for 10 minutes. Strain into a pitcher and discard the hibiscus flowers.
2. In a tall glass, muddle the lime and mint leaves. Add a handful of crushed ice, the mango juice, coconut water and the rum, gently mix to combine. Pour sparkling water over top to about 3/4 the way up the glass. Add the sliced strawberries and top with hibiscus tea. Drink.
Pineapple Coconut Mojito
honey | toasted coconut | 8 fresh mint leaves | 1 lime wedge | 1 cup ice | 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice | 1/4 cup (2oz) white rum | 1/2 cup (4oz) pineapple coconut juice
1. Place toasted coconut on a small plate.
2. Rim the lip of a tall glass with honey and press into the toasted coconut. Set aside.
3. Place mint leaves and 1 lime wedge into glass.
4. Use a muddler (or bottom of a wooden spoon) to crush the mint and lime to release the mint oils and lime juice.
5. Fill the glass almost to the top with ice. Pour the lime juice and rum over the ice.
Top it off with pineapple coconut juice.
6. Gently stir. Garnish with extra lime, pineapple, and mint on a skewer if you're feeling fancy!
Just Peachy Champagne Spritzer
3 ounces peach schnapps | 2 ounces ice wine or other white wine | champagne or prosecco to top |
peach wedges | raspberries | leaves mint for garnish
1. Place lots of ice in two glasses.
2. In a jug place all the alcohol.
3. Evenly divide between the glasses.
4. Garnish with mint leaves, peach slices and fresh raspberries.
Lavender Lemonade Prosecco Cocktail
Ingredients & Instructions
1. To make the lavender lemon syrup, combine 1 cup of sugar, 1/4 cup of lemon juice, 3/4 cup water,
1 tablespoon of dried lavender (can also substitute fresh lavender or 3 drops of food-grade lavender essential oil), and 2-3 drops of neon purple food coloring (if desired). Simmer over low-medium heat for 15 minutes, allow to cool for 15 minutes, and pour through a fine mesh strainer to remove the lavender buds from the syrup.
2. Fill the bottom of each glass with 2 oz. of lavender lemon syrup, and top it off with 6 oz. of
Santa Margherita Prosecco DOCG.
3. Garnish each cocktail with a lemon wheel and a sprig of lavender.
Pineapple Mango Rum Punch
3 oz of pineapple coconut juice | 3 oz of coconut rum (you can also use light or dark rum here instead) | 1 oz of mango juice | 1 oz of orange juice | splash of grenadine (mainly just for looks) | lime slices and/or orange zest for garnish | edible flowers for garnish
Combine all juices (pineapple coconut, mango, and orange) and rum. Then stir. Pour over ice and add a splash of grenadine for color. The grenadine will fall to the bottom and give the drink a pretty ombre look. Then, add lime, orange zest, and edible flowers for garnish.
Let Cocktails Catering prepare the drinks for your next dinner party, or special event!
Contact us today: email@example.com or (407) 446-2878